Author Topic: Over the top safeguarding  (Read 7 times)

Anon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Over the top safeguarding
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:42:39 PM »
Since I have been a Methodist as an adult I have noticed safeguarding changing radically.  Not only is it now over the top to ridiculous heights members are openly judged.  I appreciate safeguarding needs to be in place for everybody and in the past paedophiles have got away with their actions in all Christian churches, not just in Methodism, but it's become extreme.

I have been a victim of this due to a DBS check for being a steward yet I have done nothing wrong and wouldn't hurt a fly - really  :) .  I have also been told by my minister that it's been 'coloured' by whom I am married to (long story) who has now 'been moved' to another chapel / circuit.  When I had time to think about this I emailed my minister how I felt about the whole situation I let him know I didn't want my membership transferred.  I also let him know I wasn't happy that I am being discriminated against and that's illegal.  He knows I'm not angry at him and that I trust him, I'm angry with Connexion at Methodist Central.
Isaiah 40:31  ... but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.